Facebook UpdateRead more
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we need to employ an architect?
- No, our highly experienced team can work with you on design ideas or modify our existing designs to help produce your ideal home. However if you have already commissioned an architect to produce your design, we are happy to work with them to bring your dream to reality.
Is it necessary for us to employ an Engineer or a Land Surveyor?
- No, we have all the necessary in house expertise, so you don't have to go to the additional expense of hiring an Engineer or a Land Surveyor.
Can you handle the Planning Application for us?
- Yes, we have a wealth of experience with the Planning Department and we can help you through each stage of the proceedure, from the initial outline planning submission to the building warrant and completion certificate. We can never guarantee that permission will be granted, but if we think there is a reasonable chance of success, we will apply as your agent.
How long does the planning process take and how much does it cost?
- The statutory period for consideration is normally 2 months, but it can extend beyond this if, for example if further information is required. The cost of an outline planning application is currently £382 (correct at May 2013). However further fees are payable at different stages of the process and these would be included and detailed within our fees.
Do we need to employ a solicitor?
- Yes, this would be essential at contract stage or for the purchase of a plot.
Can you sell us a plot of land?
- We are unable to sell you a plot, but we can help you to find a suitable plot for your design. Please contact us to discuss what you are looking for and we will try our best to assist. If you are having difficulty finding the perfect plot, you might be interested in building a bespoke home on one of our special Prime Location sites. See the Prime Location section on the website or call 0800 731 4034 for more information.
What are the first steps we should take?
- Plan ahead and work out what your budget is. There may be costs involved that you have not considered. Spending time reseaching and refining your budget at the outset will avoid disappointment at the later stages. When you have setttled on a figure we can sit down together and work towards a design to suit your brief and your budget.
GS Brown pride ourselves in our customer care throughout the whole buying process and it doesn't end there. Our dedicated customer care team can assist long after you have moved email@example.com 0800 731 4034